Home / Family love
Pourinng milk into son’s favorite sippy cup, mom sent to hospital due to the cup’s unexpected exlosion
January 31 2019, 3:23 PM
The mom was pouring milk into her son’s favorite sippy cup when it randomly exploded, sending her to the hospital.

Dzevada Becirovic just poured milk into her son’s insulated light-up sippy cup last week when she says it exploded in her face, injuring her face, hand and lungs.

A Boise mom is on a mission to get the sippy cup that apparently blew up in her face taken off of store shelves.

Dzevada Becirovic told CBS 2 that she was pouring milk into her son’s favorite cup, a Nuby no-spill insulated light up sippy, when the lithium ion battery inside of it exploded.

it exploded in her face, injuring her face, hand and lungs.

“Kids want stuff that lights up and has pretty colors,” said Dzevada. “You expect them to be safe.”

Dzevada said she had to go to the hospital to be treated for chemical exposure in her lungs and her face.

“If it had been in [my son’s] hands, I really don’t even want to imagine what could have happened,” said Dzevada. “If it choked me up that bad and burnt me, it could have taken a limb of a child that little.”

Now, Dzevada wants Nuby to recall the cup in question.

she had to go to the hospital to be treated for chemical exposure in her lungs and her face.

Bob Chiaviello, attorney for Luv n’ Care, Nuby’s parent company, told CBS 2 that the company takes safety very seriously and they have “all hands on deck” to investigate the situation. However, he said that they do not believe an explosion could have happened if the cup was being used properly, so they want to test the product.

“It’s [about] getting the word out there, because Nuby isn’t doing their part and obviously [this is] not a safe product.”

Dzevada insists she did not do anything unusual with the cup and in fact, told CBS 2 that she only hand washed it. She’s alarmed that the company is not taking the situation seriously and wants to have the cup tested by a third-party lab that she finds herself. Then, she said, she will pass the cup along to Nuby to investigate further.

“It’s not about money, it’s not about a lawsuit,” urges Dzevada. ” It’s [about] getting the word out there, because Nuby isn’t doing their part and obviously [this is] not a safe product.”

Source: Safemom

Thaopham

Got a story for us? Need to tell us about something amazing you’ve seen or done? Want us to investigate something? Get in touch!

Email feedytv.news@gmail.com, and you could even earn money for your stories or tips.