Specifically, there was a relative visiting the couple, this man knocked at the door and waited so long but no one replied. So, he asked the host to open the door for fear of unfortunate events. And indeed, when entering the house, the man found the couple dead in the bathroom, all the doors were closed.
Worth mentioning, the police concluded that the cause of the couple’s death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. The reason is that in a bathroom with a hot water heater, which is quite safe, but the problem is that the exhaust of the pipe is discharged indoors (normally, this pipe is installed outside) and all doors are sealed like hell. While oxygen is consumed in the combustion process taken from the room, leading to the oxygen and carbon monoxide poisoning.
How dangerous is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and difficult to detect. Breathing too much carbon monoxide can cause hypoxia and suffocation. Human tissues are also deactivated when exposed to this gas.
In particular, when carbon monoxide concentration increases to 0.04 – 0.06%, it will cause mild poisoning. If you are in a bathroom or in a tight place, the air will not be able to circulate, which will cause poisoning. Experts conclude that just 1-2 seconds of exposure is the human body has been seriously poisoned. When you realize that you are poisoned, death is close.
Things to do when taking a bath to ensure safety?
Experts recommend that, to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, people need to keep in mind the following:
– Turn on the blower, ventilation door when bathing
– Do not bath for too long
– Do not lock the bathroom
Kim Ngan Do
Got a story for us? Need to tell us about something amazing you’ve seen or done? Want us to investigate something? Get in touch!
Email email@example.com, and you could even earn money for your stories or tips.