Home / Health
The boy almost loses his life after eating LIQUID NITROGEN SNACK ,Do not be fascinated by the strange things !
August 10 2018, 5:25 PM
A Florida mother says her son almost died after suffering an asthma attack when he ate a liquid nitrogen-infused cereal called Dragon's Breath.

Racheal McKenny and her husband John took their two children to a shopping mall in Jacksonville last week where they bought the snack from a vendor.

The colorful snack is coated in liquid nitrogen and makes smoke come out of a person’s nose and mouth after eating it


McKenny said her son Johnny, who has mild asthma, had spotted the cereal-like treat on their way out of the mall and had asked to try it.

The colorful snack is coated in liquid nitrogen and makes smoke come out of a person’s nose and mouth after eating it. We let the kids split one order of the Dragon’s Breath cereal treats. They had fun and it seemed harmless enough,’ McKenny wrote on Facebook in a lengthy warning post.

She shared a video of the two children eating the treat and smiling as they blew smoke out of their mouths.

He started coughing uncontrollably about 10 minutes after this video was taken  

But McKenny said 10 minutes into their drive home, Johnny started coughing and it progressively became worse until he was having trouble breathing.

‘We knew he couldn’t breathe, and we knew that we couldn’t get him to the hospital in time,’ McKenny said.

They rushed to a nearby fire station where EMTs immediately gave the boy a inhalation treatment and placed him on a IV drip as they prepared to transport him to a hospital She said her son also had to have an Adrenalin shot before being loaded into the ambulance and a second breathing treatment and steroid on the way.

He ate the Dragon’s Breath treat at a shopping mall in Jacksonville, Florida

Johnny was treated in hospital before being released.

He was on steroids for another few days and used his nebulizer when required.

McKenny blames the liquid nitrogen smoke from the Dragon’s Breath cereal for the medical incident.

‘Please, if you know someone that has even just a mild case of asthma, do not let them have this snack. I should have known better, but it did not occur to me that this food could have this effect,’ she said.

‘As a result, my son could have died. Please don’t make the same mistake I did.’

Johnny was treated in hospital before being released.

The temperature of liquid nitrogen is about -196 degrees Celsius and if you use incorrectly it can cause cold injury . Liquid nitrogen can be used in food processing. However, because this substance is not safe to eat,you must sure that liquid nitrogen evaporates before serving any food or drink made with this substance.

Watch video:

Phuong Thao

Got a story for us? Need to tell us about something amazing you’ve seen or done? Want us to investigate something? Get in touch!

Email feedytv.news@gmail.com, and you could even earn money for your stories or tips.