Home / Health
Be aware of “hickey”: when an act of love may take some’s life for good
October 11 2018, 2:43 PM
Although hickey is warned to have hidden danger, many couple still perform this to each other a mark of possession by the person giving them

A Hickey (Hickie), also sometimes called a love bite or kiss mark, is a bruise caused by biting, aggressive kissing or sucking of soft skin, usually around the neck or on the arm.

When somebody sucks very hard on soft skin, they can cause the capillaries just beneath the surface to rupture, letting blood seep out into the surrounding tiss.ue. So, hickeys, like bruises, are actually broken blood vessels just under the surface of the skin that blood has come out of.

Kết quả hình ảnh cho hickey

In fact, the medical industry has noted a serious case of hickey, which makes both men and women have this habit really have to rethink.

According to a report from Mexico, a 17-year-old boy named Julio Macia Gonzalez, suddenly has seizures and died shortly after being hickey by his girlfriend.

The cause is determined by a blood clot from the bite on the victim’s body that has moved to the brain and has a cerebral vascular breakdown.

Kết quả hình ảnh cho hickey

The victim’s family immediately sought out Julio’s 24-year-old girlfriend, who caused the bite, but she disappeared.

The “bite” in many cases causes severe consequences, as it forms blood clots that can travel to the heart and brain.

Previously,  Maori, 44-year-old, live in New Zealand was also partially paralyzed and treated at Middlemore Hospital in Auckland, after her boyfriend did a hickey on her neck.

Hình ảnh có liên quan

While watching television, Maori was taken to hospital because her left arm was unable to move. Doctors diagnosed, Maori suffered a mild stroke leading to temporary paralyzed arms.

The Telegraph reported that the cause of the stroke was not initially identified, but later found a small bruise on the right of the neck near the woman’s main artery.

Maori said it was a hickey from her boyfriend’s a few days earlier. Dr. Teddy Whu, one of the doctors who treated Maori, explained that the intense kiss caused the blood vessels under the skin to swell.

Cảnh giác với hickey: Dấu hôn trên cổ và nguy cơ người yêu bạn tử vong nếu cứ bất chấp để phê

Actually there is a blockage in the artery where the boy kisses her neck. Congestion moves to the patient’s heart and triggers a small stroke.

After a week of treatment, the clot disappeared and Maori’s arm could finally able to move. If she was not treated in time, she might suffer more severe consequences.

Hickey may be a unique way of expressing love, but you need to understand it and do not overdo it to make yourself or others suffer from the consequences.

Source: Blog Tam Su

Kieu Anh

Got a story for us? Need to tell us about something amazing you’ve seen or done? Want us to investigate something? Get in touch!

Email feedytv.news@gmail.com, and you could even earn money for your stories or tips.